WASHINGTON, DC (January 25, 2023) – Generations United is pleased to announce the election of three new board members and new board officers who will each help support our work to improve the lives of children, youth, and older people through intergenerational collaboration, public policies, and programs for the enduring benefit of all.
“We are excited to expand our incredible board with three new members who bring diverse expertise and insight to our work,” said Donna Butts, executive director, Generations United. “We have also elected a strong, diverse group of officers to lead our Board of Directors.”
Generations United’s new board officers are Joseph P. Cuticelli, Partner, Marleon Capital who will serve as the chair; Jatrice Martel Gaiter, Executive Vice President of External Affairs at Volunteers of America as vice-chair; Sarah Kastelic (Alutiiq), Executive Director of the National Indian Child Welfare Association (NICWA) as secretary; Mary Anne Mason, Retired Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP as treasurer; and Matthew E. Melmed, Executive Director of ZERO TO THREE as past chair.
“It’s a great honor to be elected chair of the Generations United board and follow in the footsteps of Matthew Melmed. Mathew’s service, leadership, and commitment were instrumental in GU’s unprecedented growth over the past few years,” said Joe Cuticelli, board chair. “We are grateful that he will continue to serve on the board as past chair and look forward to his ongoing contributions to our mission and work.”
The three new members are:
- Ramsey Alwin, President and CEO, National Council on Aging
- Danny Melgoza, Chief Strategy Officer, National Association of Counties
- Mark Meridy, Executive Director, DOROT
Board members elected for a new three-year term:
- Lisa Coen, U.S. Public Affairs Lead, Pfizer Vaccines
- Lynette Fraga
- Jatrice Martel Gaiter, Executive Vice President of External Affairs, Volunteers of America
- Sarah Kastelic (Alutiiq), Executive Director, National Indian Child Welfare Association
- Mary Anne Mason, Retired Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Janet McUlsky, President, McUlsky Health Force LLC
- Matthew E. Melmed, Executive Director, ZERO TO THREE
Continuing board members:
- Nebeyou Abebe, Senior Vice President, Social Determinants of Health, Highmark Health
- Sheri Brady, Vice President, Strategy and Program, Children’s Defense Fund
- Cody Burch, Division President, Leadership Solutions, AMN Healthcare
- Joseph P. Cuticelli, Partner, Marleon Capital
- Gerri Mason Hall
- Barb Quaintance, Senior Vice President, Office of Volunteer and Civic Engagement, AARP
- Pamela B. Smith, Executive Director, Alex Smith Foundation
Members concluding their term of service:
- Gerry Hyland, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (Retired), National Association of Counties
- Karyne Jones, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Caucus and Center on Black Aging, Inc.
- John W. Rowe, Julius B. Richmond Professor of Health Policy and Aging, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
Learn more about the Generations United board and read member bios.
About Generations United: For more than three decades, Generations United’s mission has been to improve the lives of children, youth and older adults through intergenerational collaboration, public policies, and programs for the enduring benefit of all. We have been the catalyst for policies and practices stimulating cooperation and collaboration among generations, evoking the vibrancy, energy and sheer productivity that result when people of all ages come together. We believe that we can only be successful in the face of our complex future if generational diversity is regarded as a national asset and fully leveraged. www.gu.org.
Director of Strategic Initiatives & Communications