On September 12, 2022, Generations United and our partner Humana hosted a webinar in conjunction with Grandparents Day, Let’s Talk About It: Supporting Grandfamilies’ Mental Health and Emotional Well-Being While Navigating Pandemic Challenges, discussing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on grandfamilies’ mental health and social isolation. The webinar included a grandfamilies panel and a presentation from Dr. Deborah Langosch, a clinical social worker, trainer, psychotherapist, and consultant.
Download the presenter slides.
Download Grandfamily Caregiver Tip Sheets
- Mercedes Bristol is a grandmother, caregiver, Generations United GRAND Voice, and Executive Director of Texas Grandparents Raising Grandchildren.
- Santana Lee is a kinship caregiver, Generations United GRAND Voice and Executive Director of All 4 Kidz.
- Anthony Brown is a young person raised in a grandfamily.
- Jaia Peterson Lent is the Deputy Executive Director and Director of the National Center for Grandfamilies at Generations United
- Jamarl Clark is the Assistant Director of the National Center for Grandfamilies at Generations United
- Katie Holcomb is the Population Health Strategy Lead, Office of Health Affairs & Advocacy at Humana