Download the Full Profile
This report presents a brief look at the five award-winning communities. We have included a profile on each community that includes:
- A slogan for the intergenerational focus of the community
- A snapshot of key facts on the communities
- A description of intergenerational work
- Quotes from younger and older community residents
- Images of intergenerational connections in action
We created these awards to heighten awareness of the
importance intergenerational solidarity plays in building strong, supportive communities. A blue-ribbon panel of judges selected the winning entries from an excellent pool of applicants from across the country.
The judges made their recommendations based on standard criteria that take into account a community’s own demographics, services, programs and organizational structure. We recognized communities for their specific intergenerational successes, not as compared to other applicants.