Join Generations United live for the release of the highly anticipated 2023 State of Grandfamilies report “Building Resilience: Supporting Grandfamilies’ Mental Health and Wellness” on Wednesday, November 8 from 3:00 – 4:30 PM ET.
Over 2.4 million children in the United States are living in grandfamilies. These are families where grandparents, other relatives, or close family friends are raising children because the children’s parents are unable to do so. The report aims to bring attention to the mental health and emotional wellness of grandfamilies, shed light on their resilience and challenges they face, and provide innovative solutions and resources to better support them. The report also includes policy and program recommendations for strengthening these incredible families.
The live online event includes:
- Key findings from the 2023 report.
- Conversations with caregivers, young people, and mental health experts and advocates.
- Resources for both organizations and individual family members to assist in supporting families.
- And much more!
- Donna Butts, Executive Director, Generations United
- Sonia Emerson, Child Welfare and Social Justice Advocate, ChildFocus Partners
- Brittney Barros, Youth Advocate, Michigan
- Angela Clements, Generations United GRAND Voice, Wisconsin
- Dr. Joseph Crumbley, Trainer, Consultant, and Therapist
- Bob Ruble, Generations United GRAND Voice, California
- Alisa Thornton, Parent/Caregiver Advocate, National Alliance on Mental Illness Speaker/Trainer